Thursday, November 17, 2011

I never win! (Lotteries, that is!)

Every now and again I get convinced I’m going to win the lottery. Usually this occurs when there is some sort of big jackpot happening and $50 million or so is up for grabs.


Despite the fact that I’ve only won money once ($40 on my first ever lotto ticket) I’m convinced every time I see those jackpot signs that I’m destined to win the lottery and of course I waste my dwindling money on buying a ticket.
Reasons why I believe I’ll win the lottery:



1. I should be rich!



2. I don’t want to work as a teacher in Norseman forever (Who does...?)


3. I’m lazy and want to hire people to do stuff for me



In the lead up to the lottery draw I allow myself to fantasize wildly about winning the money…ALL THE MONEY! I could do anything then – I’d give money to friends and family, I could quit my job and enjoy doing fun things and I could buy stuff. Lots and lots of stuff.



Of course, then I start to think about what if I don’t win all the money. I usually find myself thinking that I could probably handle winning a million at least…but any less then that and what’s the point? Sure, I could buy stuff but I’d still have to work :P

When the lottery night comes around I rarely watch it…mostly because I enter the lottery so rarely that I don’t actually know what time the draw is on or even what channels shows it. Usually I’ll have forgotten that I even have a ticket until I’m wandering past the newsagent and remember that I took a ticket in that HUGE MEGA JACKPOT.


I go inside…excited that soon I will be a multi-millionaire. I even practise my excited ‘Oh, I’ve won! Yay!’ expression. So I go up to the counter…scan my ticket and…of course I haven’t won.


I never win.  You’d think by now I might have realised that it just isn’t going to happen for me…but hope springs eternal. Hey, isn’t there a mega jackpot on this weekend too…?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you win will you please share with me? At least I'm not the only one that thinks that I am really going to win. I just don't buy them, even though I know I'd win ALL THE MONIEEEEES!